– 24/7 Roadside assistance
– Airport cost
– Unlimited mileage/kilometers
– Limited own risk insurance
– Contract cost
– Petrol (your rental car will always be refueled upon delivery and the actual costs will be charged to you plus a service fee for the refuel)
– Additional driver
– Charges for young drivers (younger than 21 years of age and in a minimum of 3 years in possession of a license.) Surcharge per day, per driver
– GPS (per day) + extra security deposit
– Child seat
– No show (1 day rental)
– Cancellation cost (if cancelled withing 24 hours before collection of vehicle)
– Insured against glass and tire damage (per day)
– Pick up/ drop off hotel (within 25 km from depot) during office hours
– Pick up/ drop off hotel hotel (within 25 km from depot) after office hours and weekends
– Pick up/ drop off hotel hotel outside 25 km of depot ( per kilometer)
– Cross border documentation cost (per country)
– One way fee drop off cost: Within South Africa (less than 1000km)
– One way fee drop off cost: Within South Africa (more than 1000km)
– One way fee drop off cost: Within the provinces (depots in Johannesburg, Kaapstad and KwaZulu – Natal)
– One way fee drop off cost: South Africa to Windhoek & Vice Versa
– One way fee drop off cost: South Africa or Windhoek to Maun
– One way fee drop off cost: South Africa or Windhoek to Gaborone
– One way fee drop off cost: South Africa or Windhoek to Kasane
– One way fee drop off cost: South Africa or Windhoek to Francistown
– One way fee drop off cost: South Africa or Windhoek to Victoria Falls – Zimbabwe / Zambia
– Administration cost in case of damage: per damage
– Assessors fee in the event that a damage: per damage
– Administrative fee for a fine: per fine. Your fine will be sent to your home of residence for payment.
Do not take out additional insurance policies that we have already included for you locally. If you take out additional insurance locally, these will be charged to your credit card, even if you have already taken out these through us. So do not opt for an extra insurance that is already included for you. Any costs as a result of this are for your own account.
Travelling to Mozambique?
In Mozambique it is mandatory to have the following in your car: 2x warning triangle and a reflective jacket that you must wear in case you have a breakdown along the road. The car must also have a ZA sticker on the back (a white sticker with ‘ZA’ in black indicating that the car comes from South Africa). The Thrifty cars are equipped with 1 warning triangle. When you pick up the car, ask if a ZA sticker is present. All of the above items are available in South Africa from, for example, an AA store. Of course you can also choose to take this from the Netherlands. Keep the car papers handy when you cross the border.
* All vehicles are permitted to cross borders, however, high value vehicles requires authorisation. This includes vehicles groups; DH, F, J, Y and W
* All our vehicles have a no-smoking policy.