Terms and conditions
The following Travel Conditions apply to your reservation.
The relevant general transport conditions apply to transport by airlines, trains, camper rentals, car hire and bus companies.
1. In these travel conditions, ZAS means:
South Africa specialist B.V., Camper South Africa, South Africa Specialist
The customer of ZAS, or the person for whom the trip has been negotiated and paid for, or the person to whom the legal relationship with ZAS has been transferred in accordance with Article 11 of these terms and conditions.
Article 2 Information from ZAS
1. ZAS will publish general information on passports, visas and any health formalities tailored to Dutch nationality on the ZAS website. The traveler himself is responsible for obtaining the necessary additional information from the relevant authorities and also to check in good time before departure whether the previously obtained information has changed in the meantime.
2. ZAS makes the conclusion of a travel agreement subject to the condition that the traveler takes out travel insurance and also requires proof of such insurance through the insurer’s details and policy numbers.
3. All prices on the ZAS website are indications. No rights can be derived from the prices shown on the website.
Article 3 Information by the traveler
1. The traveler must provide the travel organizer with or before the conclusion of the agreement with all information about himself and the travelers registered by him that may be important for the conclusion or the implementation of the agreement.
2. In particular, the traveler must provide information about himself and of the travelers he has notified regarding his / their physical and / or mental condition if that physical and / or mental condition can lead to possible discomfort, danger or risks for the traveler. other travelers (passengers and / or crew) or possessions of third parties. The traveler is aware that the carrier (for example the commander of an aircraft) can deny him the right to further transport if the information is not correct or is not provided.
If the traveler fails to fulfill his obligation to provide information and this has as a consequence that this traveler (s) is (are) excluded by the travel organizer from (further) participation in the trip in accordance with the provisions of article 18 paragraph 2, the costs referred to in that article will be charged to him.
Article 4 Essences
1. For medical reasons, deviations from or additions to the trip offered by ZAS may be required (medical essentials).
ZAS will make a real effort to comply with this unless it cannot be reasonably expected of him. Medical essences require the explicit written consent of ZAS.
2. In the case of a medical essence, ZAS has the right to charge a reasonable amount per booking for organizational costs, communication costs and any extra costs charged by the service providers involved in the execution of the trip.
3. ZAS will only process an essence request for reasons other than medical grounds if it has a reasonable chance of success. In that case, he has the right to charge a reasonable amount for this, namely the organizational costs, communication costs and any additional costs charged by the service providers involved in the execution of the trip. These requests also require the express written consent of ZAS.
Article 5 Conclusion and content of the agreement
1a. The agreement is established by the acceptance by the traveler of the offer from the ZAS including the applicable conditions. After the agreement has been concluded, the traveler will receive a confirmation by e-mail as soon as possible, possibly in the form of an invoice.
b. Before the acceptance, the traveler has been informed by means of the information on the ZAS website that he is entering into an agreement and which conditions apply. The traveler is bound by this agreement by confirming the booking by ZAS.
2. The offer of ZAS is without obligation and can be revoked by ZAS if necessary. Revocation due to correction of errors in the calculation of the travel sum or of other errors is permitted. The cancellation must be made as soon as possible, but before 4 p.m. the fifth working day after the day of acceptance, stating the reasons. In that case, the traveler is entitled to an immediate refund of any money paid.
3. Apparent errors and errors are not binding on ZAS. Such errors and mistakes are errors and mistakes that – from the perspective of the average traveler – are or should be known as such at first sight.
4. ZAS cancellation due to insufficient participation: ZAS has the right to cancel the agreement with immediate effect if the number of registrations is less than the required minimum number. He clearly states the required minimum number of registrations in the offer. Articles 13 and 15 do not apply.
a. The person who concludes an agreement on behalf of or for the benefit of another person (the notifier) is jointly and severally liable for all obligations arising from the agreement.
b. All traffic (including payment traffic) between the traveler (s) on the one hand and ZAS on the other hand runs exclusively through the applicant or the applicant receives a copy of this and is also responsible for this.
c. The (other) traveler (s) is (are) also liable for his (their) own share in the agreement.
6. Data and reservations in publication: If the agreed trip is included in a publication of the ZAS, the data included herein also form part of the agreement.
7. Departure and arrival times: For transport components of the journey, departure and arrival times will be stated in the travel documents. ZAS can do this within reasonable limits and only if it cannot reasonably be expected to maintain these times that it deviates from it. In that case, Articles 14 and 15 do not apply.
8. Deviations from percentages in articles 6 and 12: ZAS may and may deviate from the percentages stated in articles 6 and 12
Article 6 Payment, interest and collection costs
1. Upon the conclusion of the agreement, a deposit of the total agreed travel sum must be paid.
This means that flights, camper trips and individual camper pitches must be paid for 100% and the other travel components must be paid for 25%, unless other cancellation conditions apply that increase the percentage of the deposit.
2. The remainder of the travel sum must be in the possession of ZAS no later than eight weeks before the day of departure. In the event of late payment, the traveler is in default. He will be notified of this by e-mail and then still has the option to pay the amount still due within 7 working days. If payment is still not made, the agreement will be deemed to have been canceled on the day of default.
ZAS has the right to charge the cancellation costs due. In that case, the provisions of Article 12 apply and the monies already paid will be deducted from the cancellation fees.
3. If the agreement is concluded within 8 weeks of the day of departure, the entire travel sum must be paid immediately.
4. The traveler who has not paid a financial obligation to ZAS on time will owe the statutory interest on the amount still due. He is also obliged to reimburse the extrajudicial costs incurred by ZAS.
Article 7 Travel Sum
1. The published travel sum applies per person, unless indicated otherwise. This includes the services and provisions stated in the publication, whether or not specified in various cost elements, including the unavoidable additional costs known to the traveler at the time of publication for the services offered.
Unavoidable additional costs are costs that are inextricably linked to the service offered. This does not include the costs of additional services provided by ZAS or third parties at the request of the traveler, such as insurance premiums, as well as costs that are charged per travel group when booking and vary according to the size of the travel group, and reservation costs.
2. The published travel sum is based on the prices, levies and taxes as they were known to ZAS at the time of publication.
Article 8 Travel Sum Changes
1. ZAS has the right to increase the travel sum up to 20 days before the day of departure in connection with changes in the travel sum (including transport costs including fuel costs), the taxes owed, and external taxes. ZAS will indicate how the increase has been calculated.
Article 9 Travel documents and required travel documents traveler
1. ZAS makes the required travel documents available to the traveler no later than 10 days before the day of departure, unless this cannot reasonably be expected from the travel organizer.
2. If the traveler has not received any travel documents at least 5 working days before departure, he must immediately report this to the travel organizer.
3. If a trip is booked within 10 days before the day of departure, ZAS will indicate when and how the required travel documents will be made available to the traveler. If the traveler has not received them accordingly, he will immediately report this to ZAS.
4. The traveler is responsible for carrying the necessary documents, such as a valid passport and any required visas, proofs of vaccinations and vaccinations and driver’s license, birth certificate. If the traveler cannot make the trip (in full) due to the absence of any (valid) document, this will be for his account with all related consequences.
Article 10 Changes by the traveler
1. After the agreement has been concluded, the traveler can request a change thereof. The condition for this is that the traveler pays the changed travel sum after deduction of the monies already paid. In addition, he is obliged to pay an amount stated in the offer for modification costs per booking and any communication costs. The request will be decided as soon as possible. Up to 8 weeks before departure, these changes will be made as far as possible and in that case confirmed in writing by ZAS.
2. ZAS will give reasons for rejecting the changes desired by the traveler and the traveler will be notified without delay. The traveler can maintain or cancel the original agreement. In the latter case, Article 12 applies. In the absence of a response from the traveler to the rejection of his request, the original agreement will be executed.
3. Changing the departure date or reducing the number of paying passengers is considered a (partial) cancellation to which Article 12 applies. In that case, change and extra part cancellation costs can also be calculated.
Article 11 Deployment
1. In good time before the start of the journey, the traveler can be replaced by another person, the following conditions apply:
– the other person meets all the conditions attached to the agreement; and – the request must be submitted no later than 7 working days before departure, or in such a time that the necessary actions and formalities can still be carried out; and the conditions of the service providers involved in the implementation do not preclude this substitution.
2. The applicant, the traveler and the person who replaces him are jointly and severally liable vis-à-vis ZAS for the payment of the part of the travel sum still due, the modification and communication costs referred to in paragraph 1 and the extra costs resulting from the replacement.
Article 12 Cancellation by traveler
1. Standard cancellation fee.
If an agreement is canceled, ZAS will charge the traveler the following cancellation costs in addition to any reservation costs due:
– if canceled up to the 42nd day (exclusive) before the day of departure: the deposit;
– cancellation from the 42nd day (inclusive) up to the 28th day (exclusive) before the day of departure: 70% of the travel sum;
– cancellation from the 28th day (inclusive) up to and including the departure day or later: 100% of the travel sum;
b. If a trip is composed of different parts, to which different cancellation provisions apply, the specific provisions applicable to each part apply.
The cancellation costs at National Parks, all flights and camping pitches are: In case of cancellation from the first (the day of booking) 100%.
For train trip:
– if canceled up to the 56th day (exclusive) before the day of departure: the deposit;
–cancellation from the 56th day (inclusive) up to the 42nd day (exclusive) before the day of departure: 50% of the travel sum;
–cancellation from the 42nd day (inclusive) up to the 28th day (exclusive) before the day of departure: 70% of the travel sum;
–cancellation from the 28th day (inclusive) up to and including the departure day or later: 100% of the travel sum;
2. Partial cancellation
a. If a traveler from a travel group cancels his share in an agreement for a joint stay in a hotel, apartment, holiday home or other accommodation, he will owe cancellation costs.
b.If the size of the group is included in the offer for this accommodation, ZAS makes a change proposal to the remaining traveler (s) that is appropriate to the new group size for the same period and in the same accommodation.
c. For the sub b. the traveler (s) referred to will change the travel sum in accordance with the price table. The normal payment rules of article 6 will apply to the payment of the changed travel sum.
d. If the change offer is not possible or is not accepted, the agreement will be canceled for all travelers and all travelers will be charged a cancellation fee.
e. The total amount of cancellation fees and changed travel sum will never exceed the total travel sum of the original travelers. Any surplus is deducted from the new travel sum.
3. Less damage
The traveler who cancels the trip is obliged to pay the cancellation costs in accordance with the provisions of the previous paragraphs even if this damage was lower. Damage also includes loss suffered and lost profit.
4.Cancellations outside office hours are deemed to have been made on the next business day.
5. In case no cancellation takes place, but the traveler opts for substitution, Article 11 applies.
Article 13 Cancellation by ZAS
1. ZAS has the right to cancel the agreement due to serious circumstances.
2. Weighing circumstances are understood to be circumstances that are of such a nature that ZAS’s further commitment to the agreement cannot reasonably be required.
3. A significant circumstance for ZAS is in any case present if, before the date of departure, a coverage limitation established by the Calamity Committee of the Calamity Fund applies for that area, or a situation that is eligible for payment.
a. If the cause of the cancellation can be attributed to the traveler, the resulting damage will be for the account of the traveler.
b. If the cause of the cancellation can be attributed to ZAS, the resulting damage will be borne by ZAS. Whether this is the case is determined on the basis of Article 15.
c. If the cause of the cancellation cannot be attributed to either the traveler or ZAS, the parties each bear their own damage as further elaborated in Article 16.
Article 14 Changes by ZAS
a. ZAS has the right to change the agreed services due to serious circumstances as further described in Article 13, paragraph 2. ZAS will notify the traveler of changes within 3 calendar days of being informed of the change.
b. If the change concerns one or more essential points, the traveler can reject the change (s).
c. If the change concerns one or more non-essential points, the traveler can only reject the change if the change is to the disadvantage of more than minor significance.
a. In the event of a change, ZAS will make an alternative offer to the traveler if possible. He does this within 3 calendar days after ZAS has been notified of the change.
b. The alternative offer must be at least equivalent. The equivalence of alternative accommodation must be assessed according to objective standards and must be determined according to the following circumstances that must be apparent from the replacement offer:
– the location of the accommodation in the place of destination;
– the nature and class of the accommodation;
– the facilities that the accommodation offers.
The assessment referred to here must take into account:
– the composition of the travel party;
– the special characteristics or circumstances of the traveler (s) concerned that have been reported to ZAS and confirmed in writing by him that the traveler (s) have declared to be of essential importance;
– the deviations from the program or additions to those required by the traveler, which have been confirmed in writing by ZAS for approval.
a. The traveler who makes use of his right to reject the change or alternative offer pursuant to the previous paragraphs must make this known within 3 calendar days of receiving the message about the change or the alternative offer. From 10 days before departure a period of 1 calendar day applies.
b.If the traveler rejects the change or the alternative offer, ZAS has the right to cancel the agreement with immediate effect. He must – on pain of forfeiture – make use of this right within 3 calendar days after receipt of the rejection by the traveler.
In that case, the traveler is entitled to cancellation or refund of the travel sum (or, if the trip has already been partially enjoyed, refund of a proportionate part thereof) within 2 weeks.
4. When a period from paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of this article ends on a Sunday or public holiday, that period is extended until the following working day at 12 noon.
a. If the cause of the change can be attributed to ZAS, the resulting damage to the traveler will be borne by ZAS. Whether this is the case is determined on the basis of Article 15.
b.If the cause of the change can be attributed to the traveler, the resulting damage will be for the account of the traveler.
c. If the cause of the change can neither be attributed to the traveler nor to ZAS, the parties each bear their own damage as further elaborated in Article 16.
6. If, after the commencement of the agreed trip, a significant part of the services to which the agreement relates cannot be provided, ZAS will ensure that appropriate alternative arrangements are made with a view to continuing the trip. (For the costs thereof, see article 16.) If such arrangements are not possible, ZAS will provide the traveler (s) if necessary with an equivalent means of transport that will take him / her back to the place of departure or another person with the traveler (s) agreed place of return. (For the costs thereof, see Article 16.)
7. Without prejudice to the provisions of Article 18, paragraph 4, ZAS is obliged to inform the traveler (s) about a change in departure time that he has implemented. With regard to the return journey, this obligation does not apply to travelers who have booked exclusively for transport and / or whose address is unknown.
Article 15 Liability and force majeure
1. Without prejudice to the provisions of Articles 13 and 14, the travel organizer is obliged to implement the agreement in accordance with the expectations that the traveler could reasonably have under the agreement.
2. If the journey does not proceed in accordance with the expectations referred to in paragraph 1, the traveler is obliged to inform the persons involved as referred to in article 19 paragraph 1 as soon as possible.
3. If the journey does not proceed in accordance with the expectations referred to in paragraph 1, without prejudice to the provisions of Articles 16, 17 and 18, ZAS is obliged to compensate the traveler for any damage, unless ZAS cannot be held responsible for the failure to fulfill its obligations. to the person whose assistance he uses in the performance of the agreement because:
c. the shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement is due to force majeure as referred to in paragraph 5 of this article.
4. If an organized journey or train journey is part of the agreement and the traveler cannot or cannot reach the starting point in time because the flight cannot go ahead due to extreme weather conditions and / or government measures that make the flight impossible, this will deviate from paragraph 3 for the risk of the traveler. In that case, the traveler remains liable for the full travel sum.
5. Force majeure is understood to mean abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances that are independent of the will of the person invoking it and the consequences of which could not be avoided despite all precautions.
Article 16 Help and assistance
a. Depending on the circumstances, ZAS is obliged to provide assistance and assistance to the traveler if the trip does not proceed in accordance with the expectations that the traveler could reasonably have under the agreement. The resulting costs are for the account of ZAS if the failure to implement the agreement can be attributed to it in accordance with Article 15, paragraph 3.
b. If the cause can be attributed to the traveler, ZAS is only obliged to provide help and assistance insofar as this can reasonably be expected of him. In that case, the costs are for the account of the traveler.
2. If the trip does not proceed in accordance with the expectations that the traveler could reasonably have under the agreement due to circumstances that cannot be attributed to either the traveler or ZAS, everyone will bear his own damage. For ZAS, this includes the additional deployment of manpower; for the traveler, this includes, among other things, extra accommodation and repatriation costs.
Article 17 Exclusion and limitations of liability ZAS
a. In case a Treaty, Regulation or law applies to a service included in the trip that grants or allows an exclusion or limitation of liability to the service provider, the liability of ZAS is accordingly excluded or limited.
b. ZAS is also not liable if and insofar as the traveler has been able to recover his / her loss under an insurance policy, such as, for example, travel and / or cancellation insurance.
2. If ZAS is liable towards the traveler for loss of travel enjoyment, the reimbursement will not exceed the travel sum once.
3. Without prejudice to the provisions of the preceding paragraphs of this article, the liability of ZAS for damage other than caused by death or injury of the traveler is limited to a maximum of three times the travel sum, unless there is intent or gross negligence on the part of the ZAS. In that case, his liability is unlimited.
4. The exclusions and / or limitations of the liability of ZAS included in this article also apply to service providers involved with employees of ZAS, as well as their staff, unless a treaty, regulation or law excludes this.
Article 18 Obligations of the traveler
1. The traveler (s) is / are obliged to comply with all instructions to promote the proper execution of the trip and is / are liable for damage caused by his / their unauthorized behavior, to be assessed according to the measure of the behavior of a correct traveler.
a. The traveler who causes or can cause a nuisance or burden to such a degree that a good execution of a journey is made to a great extent or can be made more difficult by ZAS, can be excluded from (continuation of) the journey, if ZAS cannot reasonably be expected to do so. be required to fulfill the agreement.
b. Alle uit een situatie als bedoeld in lid 2 sub a voortvloeiende kosten komen voor rekening van de reiziger, indien en voorzover de gevolgen van hinder of last hem kunnen worden toegerekend.
3. The traveler is obliged to avoid any damage or to limit it as much as possible, in particular by complying with his reporting obligation as further described in article 19 paragraph 1.
4. Every traveler must ensure that the exact time of departure is not later than 24 hours before the stated time of departure of the return journey.
Article 19 Complaints during the trip
1. A shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement as referred to in Article 15 paragraph 2 must be reported on the spot as soon as possible so that a solution can be sought.
2. If a shortcoming on the spot is not satisfactorily resolved, the traveler will have a quick and adequate opportunity to send it in writing in the form of a complaint to ZAS by e-mail and to request confirmation and to check receipt.
3. ZAS provides information in the travel documents regarding the contact details and accessibility of those involved.
4. The communication costs are reimbursed by the travel organizer, unless it appears that they could not reasonably have been incurred.
5. If the traveler has not complied with the reporting obligation and complaint reporting and the service provider or ZAS is therefore not given the opportunity to remedy the shortcoming, his possible right to compensation may be limited or excluded.
Article 20 Complaints after the trip
1. If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, it must be submitted to ZAS in writing and with reasons, at the latest within one month after the end of the trip (or service received) or after the original departure date if the trip has not taken place.
2. If the complaint concerns the conclusion of an agreement, it must be submitted to ZAS within one month after the traveler becomes aware of the facts to which the complaint relates.
3. If the traveler does not submit the complaint in time, it will not be processed by ZAS, unless the traveler cannot reasonably be blamed for this.
4. ZAS will provide a substantive response in writing no later than one month after receiving the complaint.
Article 21 Disputes and additional conditions.
1. a. If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved in time or if no satisfaction has been provided, the traveler may, if desired, submit the dispute to the Travel Disputes Committee, Postbus 90600, 2509 LP up to three months after the written response as referred to in Article 20 paragraph 4. in The Hague (www.sgc.nl). The Commission only deals with complaints from natural persons who do not act in the course of a profession or business.
b. The Disputes Committee makes a decision under the conditions laid down in the relevant regulations. The decision of the Disputes Committee takes the form of a binding advice from the parties. A fee is charged for handling a dispute.
2. a.Dutch law applies to the agreements that are concluded, amended or supplemented on the basis of these travel conditions, unless other law applies on the basis of mandatory rules.
b. The traveler who does not wish to make use of the binding advisory procedure referred to in the previous paragraph has the right to apply to the competent court. Only a Dutch court is authorized to take cognizance of these disputes, unless another court has jurisdiction under mandatory rules.
c. All claim rights expire one year after the end of the trip (or, if the trip has not taken place, one year after the original departure date).
Your contact details (e-mail address and / or telephone number) can be provided to the airline (s) as part of the execution of the flights you have booked. If you inform us in writing that you do not want this, we will not pass on this information.