– No Excess
– Airport cost
– Unlimited mileage/kilometers
– Tourism levy
– Insured against glass and tire damage
– Contract cost R85
– Administration cost for a fine: R295 per fine. Your fine will be sent to your home of residence for payment.
– Child seats (R 420 per seat, per rental)
– Child seats one way fee R350
– Child seats replacement (R1000 per seat, per rental)
– Petrol (your rental car will always be refueled upon delivery and the actual costs will be charged to you plus a service fee for the refuel)
– Claim administration cost: R741 per damage
– E-Tag Replacement Fee R600
– Additional driver (R 400)
– Corss border Swaziland / Namibia and Botswana (R 1600)
– Corss border Mozambique (R 1600)
– Corss border Zimbabwe (R 1600)
– GPS (R99 per day)
– GPS replacement R2500
– Hertz assist from R75
– Pick up/ drop off hotel (within 25 km from depot) during office hours (R 450)
– Pick up/ drop off hotel hotel (within 25 km from depot) after office hours and weekends (R 750)
– Pick up/ drop off hotel hotel outside 25 km of depot (R 15 per km)
– One way fee Cape Town and East London (vice versa) (R1050 per rental)
– One way fee Cape Town and Port Elizabeth (vice versa) (R950 per rental)
– One way fee Cape Town and George (vice versa) (R950 per rental)
– One way fee Cape Town and Gauteng, Bloemfontein and Durban (vice versa) (R1500 per rental)
– One way fee between Durban and Pietermaritzburg (vice versa) (R250 per rental)
– One way fee between Durban and Richards Bay (vice versa) (R350 per rental)
– One way fee between OR Tambo and Sun City (vice versa) (R350 per rental)
– One way to Botswana or Namibia (No one ways into Zimbabwe allowed) (R6000 per rental)
– One way fee between Upington and Kimberley (vice versa) (R850 per rental)
– One way fee between Bloemfontein and Upington (vice versa) (R950 per rental)
– One way fee between Kimberley and Bloemfontein (vice versa) (R700 per rental)
– One way fee between Mthatha and Port Elizabeth en East London (vice versa) (R800 per rental)
– One way fee between Durban and Johannesburg (vice versa) (R750 per rental)
– One way fee between Hermanus and Kaapstad (vice versa) (R250 per rental)
– One way fee between George and Kaapstad (vice versa) (R950 per rental)
– One way fee between Johannesburg and Botswana (vice versa) (R2700 per rental)
– One way fee GPS R350
– Valet R1000
– Traffic Fine Admin Fee per infringement R295
– Cancellation Fee where reservation is not cancelled 24 hours before pick-up R350
– Vehicle recovery fee R4000
– Costs for extremely dirty return of the car (R200 – R450)
– undercarriage, also cannot be added with additional cover
– rims (glass + tyres are insured but rims are not)
– towing costs
– any damage caused on private roads, NP roads are fine
Do not take out additional insurance policies that we have already included for you locally. If you take out additional insurance locally, these will be charged to your credit card, even if you have already taken out these through us. So do not opt for an extra insurance that is already included for you. Any costs as a result of this are for your own account.
** New rules came into effect on 2 July 2015, regarding the Etoll in the Gauteng region.
New Etoll rates have been implemented on the 49 GFIP road bridges along the Gauteng highways.
Customers will pay the standard rate. However, Hertz will set an administrative fee on this “standard rate” to fund the development of the system.
Any delays in the Etoll can result in costs (if incurred) which can be invoiced up to 60 days after the rental.
Customers are advised (if they are driving outside the GFIP network) to pay at the different Toll plazas and not to drive through the Etoll lanes. If Etoll lanes are used, administration costs will apply to the already expensive Etoll costs.