– General civil liability insurance cover
– Tires, rims and wheel cover damage
– Claim administation cost – only in the event of an accident / theft
– Collission Damage Waiver (CDW)
– Third part liability insurance
– Location surcharge
– Unlimited mileage/kilometers
– Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
– Toerism levy
– Undercarraige damage
– Theft Loss Waiver (TLW)
– Insured against glass and tire damage (only one windscreen per rental)
– Sandblasting damage
– Administration cost for damage: R440 per damage more than R300, R100 per damage less than R300
– Administration cost for a fine: R335 per fine. Your fine will be sent to your home of residence for payment.
– E-Toll (R 22)
– Water damage
– Lost E-tag (R 700)
– Petrol (your rental car will always be refueled upon delivery and the actual costs will be charged to you plus a service fee for the refuel)
– Child seats (R 460 per seat, per rental (Excess R2100))
– Contract cost (R 100)
– Additional driver (R 440) – maximum 2 per rental
– GPS (R 99 per day) + security deposit R2500
– GPS accessory replacement per part
– Pick up / drop off hotel (within 25km from depot) during office hours (R 530)
– Pick up / drop off hotel (within 25km from depot) after office hours and weekends (R 950)
– Pick up / drop off hotel more than 26 km of depot (R 15 per km)
– Cross border Namibia and Botswana (R 2000)*
– Cross border Swaziland and Lesotho (R 650)*
– Cost for returning a extremely dirty vehicle – actual cost
– One way cost South Africa – Botswana (R6000)
– One way cost South Africa – Lesotho/Swaziland (R1800)
– One way cost South Africa – Namibia (R6000)
– International one way fee (on request)
– One way cost within South Africa (on request)
– Overdue Rental Administration Fees (R850)
– Call out Fee (Negligence) (R700)
– Bike Rack (R120 per day, excess R2900)
– Bike Rack – accessory replacement – per part (R375)
*One way fee to Mozambique and Zimbabwe on request.
Although you have an all-inclusive insurance policy, Avis is always blocked on your credit card (R2332). This guarantees the car. Any costs will be charged to your credit card and debited. The remaining amount of the deposit is then released. Possible extra costs can be: administration costs for a fine and / or damage, filling up the tank (petrol costs) and / or other things that are not included by us (you hand in later than agreed or at another depot, you have a extra driver added etc).
Do not take out additional insurance policies that we have already included for you locally. If you take out additional insurance locally, these will be charged to your credit card, even if you have already taken out these through us. So do not opt for an extra insurance that is already included for you. Any costs as a result of this are for your own account.
Requirements on drivers licenses when renting a vehicle.
International driver’s licenses are accepted under the conditions that:
– The license is in English,
– The license has a photo or ID/passport number on it and
– The license has a signature on it.
In the event that a photo is not present, an ID document or passport with a photo is required for the identification of the customer. The ID/passport number should match the number on the license.
In the event that the license is in another language, an international driver’s license should accompany the foreign driver’s license. No driving permits or certified copies/copies of the original driver’s license, may be accepted. A translated version of the license, stamped by the embassy, can be accepted when accompanied by the license.