STANDARD RENTAL RATES INCLUDE:
1. Unlimited kilometres
2. Standard insurance cover
3. Full gas bottles
4. Roadside assistance
5. Airport transfers and to a radius of 50km from the depot
6. Johannesburg transfers between depot and 10km radius from OR Tambo airport
7. Relevant information
8. All applicable taxes – excludes Tourism, bed levies etc.
9. Introduction to the vehicle and equipment
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL SERVICES possibly via 3rd party service provider:
1. Shopping service prior to arrival
2. Routeplanning and booking assistance
3. Guided Tours
4. Additional insurance options (see below or rate chart)
MINIMUM RENTAL DURATION AND COSTINGS:
1. Minimum rental period is 7 days at any of the collection points listed below. Combining vehicle numbers can reduce the minimum rental period to 3 in South Africa.
2. Where camp equipment is included the day of pick up and drop off are counted as full days irrespective of the time collected or returned.
3. No refunds are applicable for early returns unless arranged in advance and agreed by the Supplier.
4. Late or delayed arrivals – should the Supplier incur additional costs whilst collecting or delivering vehicles at out stations due to Hirer late arrival, they will be for the Hirer account.
1. 08H00 TO 16H30 Monday to Friday.
2. Deliveries and collections are included from Monday to Friday during normal office hours, after hours, on Saturdays and Sundays or public holidays there will be a delivery fee of R450.00 per vehicle/airport transfer at the Suppliers discretion – the Hirer must provide a working cellular contact number and e-mail address to the Suppliers.
3. The agent or Hirer must arrange a collection point and time with the Suppliers at least one week before rental collection and provide a working cellular number for the renter.
4. No vehicle may be returned at any airport – it must be termed at a depot or by prior arrangement.
NB: To ensure timeous vehicle return the Hirer must arrange the return with the respective branch 24hrs before return. Collection delivery points other than Cape Town and Windhoek are managed out of the Johannesburg depot.
1. The Hirer acknowledges that he/she is aware of the purpose for which the vehicle was designed, as well as all safety and maintenance procedures. The Hirer is responsible to look after and maintain the vehicle during use and to return the vehicle in good order, fair wear and tear accepted.
2. In the event of the vehicle or any of its belongings being lost or damaged during the rental period, the Hirer shall be liable to cover the cost of replacement or repair and to make good on any shortages or damages to the vehicle. Insurance cover is included and will cover loss or damage due to theft and collision damages but not lost items or damages due to carelessness or negligence.
3. Cross border travel – written authorization is required for any travel outside of South Africa.
Avis Safari Rentals are not responsible for adhoc fines, levies or other extraordinary expenditure that may occur in countries outside of South Africa.
The Hirer is responsible to acquire and ensure;
All vehicle travel documentation to countries outside of South Africa is valid for a minimum of 14 days after rental termination date – failure to do so will result in the respective country penalty being charged to the Hirer’s account.
4. Checking the vehicle and signing the contract – it is recommended that the Hirer should check the vehicle thoroughly on handover to ensure the vehicle meets with their requirements and it is always beneficial to recheck items like wheel changing tools and tyre condition. On signing the contract the Hirer signs acceptance of the vehicle and equipment.
REPAIRS, MECHANICAL FAILURES AND RUNNING CHARGES:
1. Any mechanical repair or replacement related to fair wear and tear is covered by the Suppliers. Repairs of up to R3000.00 can be effected without prior authorization. On higher amounts prior authorization is required from the Suppliers. Due to the vastness of the area where vehicles are mobile the Hirer is responsible to get the vehicle to the nearest workshop. Where not mobile the vehicle should be towed to the nearest workshop for diagnosis.
2. In most cases vehicles are still covered under the new vehicle manufacturers warranty and their warranty conditions will apply where mechanical failures occur. It is important to remember that the Suppliers is not the manufacturer of the vehicle or equipment but will do its utmost to select and offer the best and most recommended vehicles and equipment as well as ensure the vehicles are fully maintained and checked prior to departure.
3. Where serious mechanical failures occur due to standard wear and tear and which cannot be repaired timeously a replacement vehicle will be supplied within 24 hours of diagnosis. This relates to the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Southern Mozambique and Southern Zambia. In countries further North replacement time is within 72 hours.
4. Inconvenience and time loss is not covered for mechanical failures which cannot be anticipated.
5. Towing is covered for the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Southern Mozambique and Southern Zambia. Further North towing is covered by the Hirer.
6. A R30 000 refundable security deposit will be charged to the Hirer’s credit card on vehicle collection – no exceptions. the Suppliers will not be held responsible for currency fluctuations. NB The Hirer has the option to leave foreign currency in cash for return of same currency.
7. The Hirer must fully refuel the vehicle no more than 10km radius from drop off point – the Suppliers reserves the right to confirm the fuel level by way if refill.
NB: the Suppliers are fitted with Long Range tanks therefor the fuel gauge showing full does not constitute a full tank – the Suppliers will top up each vehicle on return.
8. A R800 cleaning charged is for the Hirers account. This is a standard fee charged to all customers for cleaning the exterior and interior of the vehicle as well as the linen, crockery and cutlery. In the event that the vehicle is returned in an extremely dirty condition, it will be cleaned by a professional valet service and the cost of the valet will be charged to the Hirer
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. The vehicles are all fully serviced and maintained as per manufacturers requirements and the Suppliers has introduced additional maintenance which is completed on vehicles.
2. The Hirer is responsible to maintain the vehicle during the rental period. This would include the standard check of tyre pressures, wheel nuts, wheel alignment if necessary, oil and coolant levels and to be aware of any symptoms which may arise during the rental period. In addition should the vehicle reach 20000 kilometres (10000km for Land Cruiser) intervals (see Annexure:2) during the rental period the Hirer is required to service the vehicle at a suitable workshop associated to the vehicle manufacturer. Where an official dealer is not available other workshops may service the vehicle with our authorization. The schedule service charges are for the Hirer and any other repairs related to standard wear and tear on the vehicle will be covered by the Suppliers.
3. the Suppliers vehicles are under maintenance plan therefore the Hirer will be reimbursed at rental reconciliation.
COLLISION DAMAGES AND ACCIDENTS:
1. All accidents must be reported to the local police within 24 hours.
2. Where collision damages render a vehicle unusable, a replacement vehicle can be supplied by the Supplier if available but all costs are for the expense of the Hirer.
3. The Hirer is responsible for the return of the damaged vehicle to the original office if outside of the borders of South Africa.
4. No refund will be given for lost days due to collision damages.
5. Should the Hirer continue with a new replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
6. The exact insurance conditions and area of liability will also depend on the level of insurance selected.
1. Standard Insurance cover, which covers 95% of the vehicle’s value, is included on all vehicles and in all rates quoted. This is not full cover and a R30 000 excess is applicable, the monetary value of which depends on the vehicle category. The excess is payable for any damage irrespective of the cause of damages.
2. Insurance cover is valid in the following countries; South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland, Lesotho. Special permission is required for any other countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
3. Third party cover: the standard insurance cover includes third party cover for RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho only. Third party cover for any other country must be purchased at the port of entry.
4. Additional insurance cover is available at additional cost which offers reduced excess for both collision and theft damages.
a. Towing costs outside of South Africa
b. Insurance excess
c. Windscreen damage – WD waiver may be purchased at R50/day
d. A double excess applies for single vehicle accident
e. Theft waiver not included, standard excess applicable
f. Collision with animals
g. Camping equipment Premium Cover
a. Zero excess applies and excludes tyres – WD waiver may be purchased at R50/day
b. Towing outside the countries of Namibia, Botswana and South Africa
c. Standard excess applies for single vehicle rollover
d. Should the vehicle be damaged beyond use or stolen a replacement vehicle is not included in any of the insurance cover options. A replacement can be supplied but a new contract applies and all costs are for the Hirers account.
e. Water damages and secondary damage therefrom are not covered by any insurance cover f. Suspension damage and secondary damage therefrom are not covered by any insurance cover
g. Damages due to negligence or equipment losses are not covered by insurance.
h. Collision with animals is not covered by insurance.
i. A case number or police report is required by insurance for any incidents related to collision or theft loss or damage.
j. Camping equipment
1. The Supplier 4wd vehicles are allowed on all bitumen/tar and gravel roads as well as all recognized public 4×4 tracks in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Swaziland, Malawi. Special permission is required for any other countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
CROSS BORDER SURCHARGES:
1. A once off cross-border surcharge is applicable when leaving South African borders. This is a once off charge irrespective of how many borders are crossed. See the applicable fees below.
2. R600.00 fee is applicable for the countries of Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Southern Mozambique (south of the Zambezi River). If the vehicles are collected in a neighbouring country and no borders are crossed then the cross border fee is not applicable but only the delivery surcharges as listed previously. As an example if the vehicle is collected and dropped off in Namibia and no borders are crossed then no cross border fee is applicable.
3. R2000.00 fee is applicable for the countries of Northern Mozambique (north of Beira/ the Zambezi River), Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya on request
4. No surcharge applicable for Swaziland and Lesotho
1. Multiple rentals can be combined to qualify for a longer rental rate.
1. Additional equipment is available through the supplier as non- standard vehicle equipment and in addition to the vehicle rental. This includes electronic equipment like GPS and satellite phones. The Supplier may use outside suppliers for this equipment and cannot warrant the accuracy or reliability of this equipment. This equipment should be checked by the Hirer on handover to ensure functional and should the equipment fail during.
the hire period it should be reported to the Supplier immediately but we cannot guarantee replacement or repair and this will not constitute a breach of contract or affect the vehicle rental agreement. The Supplier will endeavour to refund the rental of such equipment from the date reported or authorize replacement at the nearest town centre where this is feasible. Equipment will be tested by the supplier or manufacturer to establish reason for failure and grounds for refund.
2. All The Supplier vehicles are supplied with one spare wheel – additional spare wheels are available on request with exception of Group N. The fitment of spare wheel carriers adds considerable weight to a vehicle, therefore, all vehicles are fitted with the only true reinforced sidewall All Terrain tyres – Coopers or BF Goodrich
1. The terms and conditions for trailer rentals are the same as the vehicle terms and conditions with the following exceptions;
a. Trailers require on-going maintenance during their use. Wheel bearings and play on the trailer wheels should be monitored by the hirer. We recommend servicing the trailer wheel bearings every 5000 kilometres (these are checked prior to rental). The trailer hitch bolts, jockey wheels and general suspension should also be monitored.
b. Trailer replacements are not available in the case of mechanical problems
CHANGE OF VEHICLE:
1. If for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, the Supplier reserve the right to substitute the vehicle with another vehicle in the same category or in a higher category. This shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the hirer to a refund.
1. The Hirer is fully responsible for any damage or related costs to the vehicle or third party if;
The terms of the rental contract are breached.
Damage to the vehicle or equipment caused by careless or reckless driving.
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Water submersion or salt-water damage.
If the vehicle is abandoned and no contact is made by the Hirer to the Supplier.
Driving on restricted or closed roads.
Driving on dunes or off-road where no track is obvious.
Damage to the vehicle due to collision with animals