– 24/7 Roadside assistance (Bidvest Assist)
– Unlimited mileage / kilometers
– Insured against glass and tire damage
– No Excess
– Tourism levy
– Cross border Swaziland en Lesotho
– Petrol (your rental car will always be refueled upon delivery and the actual costs will be charged to you plus a service fee for the refuel)
– Contract cost (R 96)
– Carbon tax
– Additional driver (R 410)
– Charges for young drivers (R 375 per day for people between 18 and 20 years old)
– GPS (R 99 per day – excess R 1000)
– child seats (R 440 per seat, per hire)
– Pick up / drop off hotel (within 25km from depot) during office hours (R 500)
– Pick up / drop off hotel (within 25km from depot) after office hours and weekends (R 900)
– Pick up / drop off hotel more than 25 km of depot R500 and R 16 per km
– Cross border Namibia and Botswana (R 2030)*
– One way fee. if the pickup and delivery depot is more than 50 kilometer from each other
– One way fee. if the pick up is in Cape Town and delivery is in Worcester or vice versa
– International one way fee on request
– Administration cost in case of damage: R825 per damage
– Assessors fee in the event that a damage exceeds R 5 000: R 825 per damage
– Administrative fee for a fine: R295 per penalty. Your fine will be sent to your home of residence for payment.
– Administration costs for late return of the rental car R800 + extra rental day
– Cost for handing in an extremely dirty car – actual cost
– Towing the car in the event of an accident
– Cost for losing a key R630 + R 16 per km + the replacement value of the key
– Water and sand damage to the car
– Damage to the undercarriage
– Hail damage waiver R 50 per day
– Bike carriers R 80 per day
If you rent a 4×4 vehicle (categories 5M, 1M, 1L), other not included insurance components apply.
– reserveband mogelijk op aanvraag (enkel mogelijk voor categorie 5M, 1M, 1L) N$ 210 voor een tweede reserveband (enkel voor boekingen in Namibië / Botswana).
* Cross border to Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe is not allowed.
Do not take out additional insurance policies that we have already included for you locally. If you take out additional insurance locally, these will be charged to your credit card, even if you have already taken out these through us. So do not opt for an extra insurance that is already included for you. Any costs as a result of this are for your own account.
E – tolling
As a car rental company, Bidvest Car Rental, a division of McCarthy Limited (Company registrationnumber 1991/003245/06), is legally obliged to comply with the regulations of the South African roadservice SANRAL. This includes that all vehicles must be fitted with a disc for the electronic calculation of toll fees (e-tag). Please make sure that such disc is always fitted to your windscreen, typically behind the rear-view mirror.
As soon as you pass a toll plaza the disc will make a beeping sound, which means that it is working. If it makes no beeping sound or three beeping sounds, the device is broken and must be replaced. In such case, please contact the nearest Bidvest Car Rental branch.
1. The fees for registered e-tag users, as specified in the government gazette, apply.
2. Bidvest Car Rental limits your fees to a maximum amount of R266.00 per month (or part of a month) for light vehicles (class A2), as determined by SANRAL, plus an administrative fee of 20%.
3. In the event where your rental period enters the next month, the fees will again accumulate to atotal amount of R266.00 for vehicle class A2. We adhere to SANRAL’s calendar month (1-31).
4. If, for whatever reason, you change your rental vehicle, the toll fees will accumulate on there placement vehicle. This way the cap may be affected.
5. Bidvest Car Rental’s e-tag disc may not be removed or damaged. Wenn a toll disc gets lost,removed, stolen or damaged you will be charged a fee of R1000.00, which is to be paid immediately; the disc in question will immediately be blacklisted by SANRAL.
6. Please note that the cap of R266.00 for vehicle class A2 excludes conventional toll stations (i.e.toll plazas on open roads outside the province of Gauteng). Please go to www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/
for more information on the toll plazas that are not included.
7. For D2D (door to door) and vehicle rentals including a chauffeur within the province of Gauteng we charge a toll excess of R20.00 per transfer.
8. When quoting for bus rentals, incurring toll fees are invoiced based on the supplied itinerary.
9. During delivery and collection, Bidvest Car Rental reserves the right to invoice for the toll fees between its nearest branch and the delivery or collection address. At the same time, the fees
published in the government gazette are valid for registered e-tag users.